Machine Slides – Precision Slides – Design FeaturesDuraBond Slide designs and manufactures engineered low profile, square gib linear slides for machine tool applications requiring high precision, accurate horizontal and vertical line movement. We’ve been attuned to the needs of the industrial marketplace since 1983 and that’s why Durabond has earned a reputation as “The Choice among Machine Tool Shops” for precision linear slides. Our complete linear slide design data can be found here Click here to download our Order Specification Sheet in PDF format. Click here to download our Machine Slide Design Sheet in PDF format. The details of our machine tool slides are outlined below to point out the subtle, yet significant benefits of a DuraBond Slide
- Base Stationary member of the linear slide system. Manufactured from high quality tool steel, hardened to 48-52 Rc and finish ground.
- Saddle Moving member of the linear slide system. Manufactured from high quality steel, bonded with Rulon bearing material and finish ground to create a precision slide.
- Way Saddle tracking member. Manufactured from high quality steel, bonded with Rulon bearing material and finish ground, ideal for machine use.
- Adjustment Way Saddle retaining member. Manufactured from high quality steel, bonded with Rulon bearing material and finish ground.
- Adjustment Gib Adjustable member of the linear slide system for setting clearance between the saddle and base. This member is bonded with Rulon bearing material and finish ground.
- Gib Screw High quality, fine thread Allen head screws strategically oriented along one side of the saddle for positioning the adjustment gib.
- Gib Screw Nut Locks the gib screw in place to maintain gib adjustment.
- Dowel Pins Dowel pins are incorporated for definitive alignment of the ways and saddle plate.
Corrosion Protection for Our Precision Linear SlidesCorrosion protection for DuraBond Slides is available. Slides can be constructed from both Stainless Steel and Aluminum. Standard steel slides can also be black oxide coated and/or chrome plated for additional protection.